Senior Backend & Machine Learning Engineer
7Learnings helps online retail companies to improve profit margins and increase revenues by optimizing and automating their forecasting and pricing processes. Our cloud-based software uses state-of-the-art machine learning models to forecast customer demand at different price points. Our solution allows our clients to optimize prices according to their business goals.
We are a young company and already work with some of the largest companies in the online retail market (e.g. ABOUT YOU). We aspire to become one of the leading companies in the fast growing market for price optimization software.
As a Senior Backend & Machine Learning Engineer at 7Learnings, you will support the engineering perspective of our team. You will build the required backend services for our web application from the bottom up. You create the interface for our clients to connect with our price optimization solution. You will challenge our status quo, drive innovation and apply agile best practices. You will be part of a dynamic team and directly work with our CTO.
Where your expertise is needed
- Build a backend from the bottom up
- Do data modeling for price scenarios, rulesets, user roles etc.
- Deploy multiple per-client instances on Google Cloud Platform
- Schedule and manage background optimization tasks
- Test and monitor the running services
- Define the next steps for our product together with our clients
- Learn about practical application of machine learning algorithms
What we are looking for
- Passion for building user-oriented web applications
- Excellent engineering skills in Python, Java or Scala
- Ideally finished studies in computer engineering or mathematics
- 2-5 years of relevant work experience as backend engineer or data engineer
- Team leadership of min. one Junior Developer is a plus
- Experience in managing a production system is a plus
- Outcome-obsessed, pragmatic engineer who understands solutions only count when our customers are happy
Perks at 7Learnings
- We are small, so your work will have direct impact
- Flexible working times with possible home office days – work when you work best
- Engineers can work independently, taking an end-to-end responsibility for their services at 7Learnings
- Use the tooling you are comfortable with and setup your work space the way you like it
- Get the chance to build a fresh backend instead of maintaining legacy system
- Culture of trust, empowerment and regular constructive feedback
- Competitive salary & great IT equipment
Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org